Damage and Condition[編集]
- Yomiuri04.04：Exhibition rooms were flooded by tsunami.Windows were broken and exhibits were scattered,but a biggest skelton specimen of sperm whale in Japan stood tsunami and was undamaged Luckily.At any rate, the damage there was just heavy.We can find the building still stands there through the photo of the airticle.
Damage of staffs and users[編集]
Damage of facility[編集]
- Tsunami and mud flooded up to the highest floor in the three stories building,and that caused the close of facility.a biggest skelton specimen of sperm whale in the world was undamaged Luckily despite the influence of tsunami.(NHK News 15:23 7th April,2011 by Google Cash)
- Building still stands there.The entrance on the first floor was completely broken.Tsunami also penetrated inside of the facility. 
Damage of exhibitions and collections[編集]
- Temporary closure for a while. 
- Three hundreds of carp banners were raised at the museum.（Mainichi04.30）
- Six staffs started putting away the heap of rubble about entrance from 7th.
- They are going to wash the skelton specimen of sperm whale harmed by tsunami, repair the tooth and so on, and exhibit that again as a symbol of re-raising.(Mainichi Newspaper 18th May, 2011）
- The area around the museum is used as the palce for putting rubble after tsunami washing.a lot of carp banners were equipped in the facility.
- Kinoshita（Yomiuri Online, Mainichi newspaper related airticle）
- Hukuda(NHK related airticle）
Source of information[編集]